Director of Vendor Managed Inventory Programs
The ideal candidate will have 8-10+ years relevant experience in sales and vendor managed inventory account management with fasteners or industrial components. Candidate must be familiar with wholesale distribution, inventory management, lean manufacturing, fasteners, hardware, and related components. The right candidate understands the importance of excellent customer service, communicates effectively, has great follow through, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for all Vendor Managed Inventory Accounts, revenue, profitability, and growth.
- Primary high level company contact for all VMI Customer Contacts.
- Ensuring the highest possible degree of VMI customer satisfaction at all times.
- Partner with customers to help them save time, money, and achieve success.
- Listen well, sell consultatively, and make recommendations that offer the customer value.
- Understand pricing models and value propositions and communicate them effectively to customers.
- Grow VMI Accounts and capitalize on new opportunities with existing customers.
- Identify new VMI opportunities and bring new VMI Accounts on board.
- Effectively train and manage team of VMI Account Managers both locally and across the US.
- Advocate for VMI program resources, training, and needs for program excellence.
- Conduct and oversee end-to-end order processing for all VMI accounts.
- Conduct and oversee VMI material sourcing for best value product procurement and availability.
- Conduct and oversee purchasing for all VMI accounts, ensure uninterrupted material supply.
- Deliver outstanding customer service; ensure timely delivery of customer material / orders.
- Participate in industry and trade groups, learning opportunities and expand fastener knowledge.
- Strictly follow all company (and customer) procedures and policies, laws, and good business ethics.
- Preserve a high level of communication with executive management at all times.
- Work well with support teams to achieve customer satisfaction and long-term account goals.
- Exhibit the highest levels of trustworthiness, honesty and integrity.
- Promote and represent the company positively at all times.
- Senior management team member leading by example, and making the company a great place to work.
We offer a casual, professional environment where we work hard to exceed our customer's expectations. Opportunities for advancement are excellent as we continue to grow. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Excellent salary and benefits are available for the right individual - 401(k), health insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick time, credit union, etc. AALL AMERICAN Fasteners is a family friendly environment where we enjoy working together to provide remarkable service to our customers. All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter detailing why they are the best candidate for this position.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Jobs@AAF-Fast.com.
Thank you for your interest in AALL AMERICAN Fasteners.